The research and development (R&D) work in our company was done by contractors. Can we still get a SR&ED tax credit?

Yes. It’s possible to claim on contracted SR&ED activities. The contractor must be based in Canada and you can only qualify 80% of the cost of the contractor towards your SR&ED claim.

See other FAQs
Suggestion icon

Follow our guide to make sure that you understand the factors you need to consider before making a SR&ED claim.

Get a free expert SR&ED consultation